Fifth Amendment compels government (and lobbyists who profit from rent seeking legislation, smoking bans) to compensate losses to individuals affected
No person shall be held to answer for a capital, or otherwise infamous crime, unless on a presentment or indictment of a Grand Jury, except in cases arising in the land or naval forces, or in the Militia, when in actual service in time of War or public danger; nor shall any person be subject for the same offense to be twice put in jeopardy of life or limb; nor shall be compelled in any criminal case to be a witness against himself, nor be deprived of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor shall private property be taken for public use, without just compensation.
Smoking bans, enacted "for the public good", resulted in numerous takings (property losses) as evidenced here:
Minnesota hits an ominous milestone: 500+ bars & restaurants closed since smoking bans were enacted
Perhaps we should change the state slogan to: "Minnesota the land of 10,000+ unemployed hospitality workers."List of closings can be found here:http://cleanairquality.blogspot.com/2007/01/100-bars-and-restaurants-put-out-of.htmlAnd even though some very dubious Nicoderm / RWJF funded lobbyists told our politicians that smoking bans are good for business, just one year later a report from the Minnesota Auditor's Office proved that smoking bans DECREASED hospitality revenue by 31.9% on average.http://cleanairquality.blogspot.com/2007/02/smoking-bans-good-public-policy-or.htmlhttp://cleanairquality.blogspot.com/2010/10/minnesota-releases-revenue-numbers-that.html
Fighting the Nicoderm / RWJF special interests does and can have an affect
As per information on a well known, tobacco control organization (Nicoderm / Robert Wood Johnson Foundation (RWJF) funded) website:
- On January 19, the American Lung Association released its 2012 State of Tobacco Control report grading the states and federal government on key tobacco control policies.
- For the first time since 2001, no state passed a smokefree workplace law in 2011.
- In 2011, only two states – Connecticut and Vermont – increased their cigarette taxes.
What's the societal cost of business closings due to smoking bans? Higher taxes paid by average citizens to make up for business tax revenue losses
Something for taxpayers in smoking ban states to consider: Have you noticed that your property taxes continue to increase even as your property values decrease? Well, just because government over-regulation shut down thousands of bars & restaurants, eliminating millions even billions of dollars in local tax revenue, doesn't mean local government is going to do with less....guess who picks up the balance? You the taxpayer.
How is it possible for an inept and / or ethically challenged company like Johnson & Johnson to still be in business?
http://boycottjohnsonandjohnson.blogspot.com/ To the average non-smoker as I am, it might appear that the American Lung Association, American Cancer Society, American Heart Association, American Non-Smoker's Rights, the American Medical Association, countless research Universities around the country, etc. are lobbying our politicians for smoking bans for health reasons.However, upon some preliminary investigation it is clear that these NGO's are backed by $446,000,000.00 from the Robert Wood Johnson Foundation (RWJF) which has direct ties to the Johnson & Johnson Company, and J & J is the manufacturer of Nicoderm & Nicoderm CQ
.More here: http://cleanairquality.blogspot.com/2007/02/smoking-bans-good-public-policy-or.html
Also visit our sponsors at bottom of webpage
Why a Non-Smoker Fights the Pro-Smoking Ban Lies
Is RWJF, a 501(c)3, violating IRS rules by funding pro-smoking ban lobbyists?
RWJF funds and promotes universal healthcare policies which are the basis for and primary objective of Obamacare
Boycott these special interests (J & J) who destroyed the hospitality industry & jobs
Is the smoking ban movement fueled by pharmaceutical nicotine interests?
Now that smoking bans have been implemented, what can be done?
How do smoking ban lobbyists profit from smoking bans?
Pharmaceutical interests project the alternative nicotine marketplace to be $4.6 billion +
WHO report secondhand smoke doesn't cause cancer
Do smoker's cost society more money than non-smoker's? NO
Do smoker's cost society more money than non-smoker's? Part 2
Why does UCSF researcher Stanton Glantz support smoking bans?
OSHA standards prove SHS is not a health hazard
Tired of the nanny-state, big, socialized, corrupt, government legislation coming out of our state and federal capitols these days? Vote Republican in November 2010 & 2012
- Economic effect of smoking bans on world economy
- Do smoking ban effects constitute an eminent domain taking?
- More than 500 Twin Cities Bars & Restaurants have Closed Since Smoking Bans were Enacted
- 2,000+ bars and restaurants closed (50,000+ lost jobs?) in parts of US, Canada, and Ireland due to smoking bans
- 3,382+ pubs closed (50,000+ lost jobs?) in U.K. due to smoking bans
- Smoking Bans...Good Public Policy or Simply A Good Nicoderm Marketing Plan?
- * The media's role in assisting the worldwide smoking ban agenda
- British Medical Journal (BMJ) air quality test results of secondhand smoke
- Air quality testing proves secondhand smoke is NOT a health hazard
- The ends justifies the means
- ....Pharmaceutical companies battle against the tobacco companies for market share....not health concerns
- Epidemiological relative risk ratios of secondhand smoke prove "health hazard" claims are unfounded
- Welding smoke in the workplace is far more hazardous than secondhand smoke, so where is the call for a ban?
- American Cancer Society and RWJF find that smoking bans are a great way to market smoking cessation products
- How the Drug Industry uses Non-Profits to Push its Profit Agenda
- Exposing the Smoking Ban Hoax
- The Smoking Ban Pushers and the Profits
- What can you do to battle smoking bans?
- What can you do to battle smoking bans? RWJF and J & J role
- The Case Against Smoking Bans
- The Lies, The Liars, and the Motive
- Ventilation not Legislation
- The Truth Regarding 4000 Hazardous Chemicals Claim
- Pro-smoking ban activists are caught spreading lies
- Health Dept AQ testing of SHS vs OSHA Guidelines
- American Cancer Society proves SHS is 25,000 times safer than OSHA Guidelines
- American Cancer Society catches Surgeon General in an outright lie
- Twin Cities bars and restaurants closed since implementing smoking bans
- The role of Nicoderm in promoting smoking bans, a genius marketing ploy
- My brush with fame, The Great Mr. James Repace
- Tobacco Control Group Threatens "Clearing The Air"
- CDC sells out to Big Pharmaceutical
- Expedition to highlight global warming called off due to extreme cold
- Purchase Air Cleaners for Home or Work Online
- Bars & Restaurants out of business due to smoking bans
- Boycott Johnson & Johnson (and by extension RWJF, ALA, ACS, AHA etc.)
- Competitive Enterprise Institute
- Center for Consumer Freedom
- Craig Westover
- Dave Hitt Smoking ban facts
- Dissecting Anti-smoker's Brains
- Drudge Report
- Forces International
- Forces Iowa
- Fox News
- Fraters Libertas
- Freedom to Choose UK
- Free Republic.com
- Heartland Institute Blog FTH
- Heartland Institute
- Heritage Foundation
- Illinois Smoker's Rights
- Iowa Hawk
- Info on Minnesota Smoking Bans
- J Redhead Girl
- Singer, Song Writer, Artist Joe Jackson's Official Website
- John Adams
- Junk Science
- Libertarian Party Against Smoking Bans
- Minnesotans Against Smoking Bans
- National Review Online
- Neal Boortz
- Nihilist in Golf Pants
- Our House
- Pacific Legal Foundation
- Politics, Guns, & Beer
- P.U.F.F. People United For Freedom
- Real Clear Politics
- Rush Limbaugh, godfather of the right!
- SCSU Scholars
- Shot in the Dark
- Smokers Rights Newsletter
- Social Smokers
- South Dakotans for Better Health & Freedom
- Stand Up Cape (Girardeau)
- Steyn Online
- Uncle Ted (The Nuge)
- The Rest of the Story
- The Truth is a Lie
- The Weekly Standard
- True North
- Wright County Republican