Economy sheds 76,000 jobs on blue Monday.....smoking bans were the catalyst which put us all in the downward spiral
Gloom deepens as 76,000 jobs go in a dayMost in the media focus on the collapse of the financial markets as the reason for the current economic turmoil. They fail to explore what led to the collapse of the financial / mortgage markets.....namely foreclosures.Why after 10 - 15 years of paying their high interest adjustable rate loans did homeowners suddenly default on their mortgages? I can tell you firsthand that it was the war on secondhand smoke 3 - 5 years earlier. Smoking bans eliminated approximately 10,000 jobs just in the Minneapolis / St. Paul area, the same significant job losses occurred everywhere else smoking bans were enacted. Hundreds of thousands of unemployed hospitality workers, defaulted on loans, stopped buying cars, stopped frequenting movies, quit visiting auto repair shops, etc. etc. The financial impact snowballed from there until the point it affected the financial markets which were reeling from the mortgage foreclosure fallout. It was only then that the media and average person began to realize, maybe something negative was happening in our economy. And as CTA has repeatedly informed you the reader, the pharmaceutical special interests Johnson & Johnson Company (maker of Nicoderm, Nicotrol, Nicorette, Commit, etc.) and their partner the Robert Wood Johnson Foundation are squarely and solely to blame for the exaggerated need for smoking bans......and subsequently the downward financial spiral we now all face.Anytime government over-regulation interferes with the free-market system the results are dire.....yet what do we now face? More over-regulation (forced windpower, green energy, "global warming" initiatives) and government "bailouts" of the free market system.....a certain recipe for disaster and prolonging of the economic malaise.
New liberal White House agenda promises safe haven for criminals and terrorists
Safe haven for criminals by limiting gun ownership rights of law abiding citizens; even though after the U.S. Supreme Court Heller decision, Obama claimed he believed the 2nd Amendment gave citizens the right to gun ownership. Apparently, as we informed readers during the campaign, this community activist would do or say anything to get elected President, once elected however promises can now conveniently be disregarded:"...They support closing the gun show loophole and making guns in this country ........ They also support making the expired federal Assault Weapons Ban permanent....."
And we all know the criminals will abide by the assault weapons ban ....right? Wrong....it just means law abiding citizens will be out gunned in their own homes when gang members and criminals do what they do; it also means law abiding hunters will face criminal charges depending on the "assault rifle" they use in their sport. ( See Crime and Law Enforcement heading on White House agenda document)
And safe haven for terrorists by closing down Guantanamo Bay detention facility.
[Enemy combatants]....will be transferred and subsequently released, most probably back to their home countries.Just keep telling yourself you voted for this guy because he's on your side.......unless you're an American who believes in preserving America.
Some perspective on how insignificant secondhand smoke is.....especially if you consider how many jobs have been eliminated by smoking bans
The air quality testing conducted in bars and restaurants around the world measured for the trace chemical nicotine to determine real world secondhand smoke concentrations. But the fact is the concentrations of secondhand smoke were so insignificant they had to be measured in nanograms, that's 10(-9) or 0.000000001 grams / cubic meter; which is 25,000 times SAFER than OSHA workplace air quality regulations.The CO2 we inhale with every breath is more of a hazard than that 1 nanogram of secondhand smoke. CO2 is fatal at 20% (.20) concentration, yet the atmospheric concentration is 385 parts per million or .000385. This extremely insignificant "hazard" from secondhand smoke becomes even more important to note when you consider the thousands of business closings, hundreds of thousands of job losses, brought about by unnecessary smoking ban laws. Laws which, in reality, were promoted by the very pharmaceutical nicotine manufacturers who would profit from a ban on tobacco use.It's time for some perspective and common sense to prevail in the secondhand smoke debate, before more damage is inflicted upon our unstable world economy.
Also visit our sponsors at bottom of webpage
Why a Non-Smoker Fights the Pro-Smoking Ban Lies
Is RWJF, a 501(c)3, violating IRS rules by funding pro-smoking ban lobbyists?
RWJF funds and promotes universal healthcare policies which are the basis for and primary objective of Obamacare
Boycott these special interests (J & J) who destroyed the hospitality industry & jobs
Is the smoking ban movement fueled by pharmaceutical nicotine interests?
Now that smoking bans have been implemented, what can be done?
How do smoking ban lobbyists profit from smoking bans?
Pharmaceutical interests project the alternative nicotine marketplace to be $4.6 billion +
WHO report secondhand smoke doesn't cause cancer
Do smoker's cost society more money than non-smoker's? NO
Do smoker's cost society more money than non-smoker's? Part 2
Why does UCSF researcher Stanton Glantz support smoking bans?
OSHA standards prove SHS is not a health hazard
Tired of the nanny-state, big, socialized, corrupt, government legislation coming out of our state and federal capitols these days? Vote Republican in November 2010 & 2012
- Economic effect of smoking bans on world economy
- Do smoking ban effects constitute an eminent domain taking?
- More than 500 Twin Cities Bars & Restaurants have Closed Since Smoking Bans were Enacted
- 2,000+ bars and restaurants closed (50,000+ lost jobs?) in parts of US, Canada, and Ireland due to smoking bans
- 3,382+ pubs closed (50,000+ lost jobs?) in U.K. due to smoking bans
- Smoking Bans...Good Public Policy or Simply A Good Nicoderm Marketing Plan?
- * The media's role in assisting the worldwide smoking ban agenda
- British Medical Journal (BMJ) air quality test results of secondhand smoke
- Air quality testing proves secondhand smoke is NOT a health hazard
- The ends justifies the means
- ....Pharmaceutical companies battle against the tobacco companies for market share....not health concerns
- Epidemiological relative risk ratios of secondhand smoke prove "health hazard" claims are unfounded
- Welding smoke in the workplace is far more hazardous than secondhand smoke, so where is the call for a ban?
- American Cancer Society and RWJF find that smoking bans are a great way to market smoking cessation products
- How the Drug Industry uses Non-Profits to Push its Profit Agenda
- Exposing the Smoking Ban Hoax
- The Smoking Ban Pushers and the Profits
- What can you do to battle smoking bans?
- What can you do to battle smoking bans? RWJF and J & J role
- The Case Against Smoking Bans
- The Lies, The Liars, and the Motive
- Ventilation not Legislation
- The Truth Regarding 4000 Hazardous Chemicals Claim
- Pro-smoking ban activists are caught spreading lies
- Health Dept AQ testing of SHS vs OSHA Guidelines
- American Cancer Society proves SHS is 25,000 times safer than OSHA Guidelines
- American Cancer Society catches Surgeon General in an outright lie
- Twin Cities bars and restaurants closed since implementing smoking bans
- The role of Nicoderm in promoting smoking bans, a genius marketing ploy
- My brush with fame, The Great Mr. James Repace
- Tobacco Control Group Threatens "Clearing The Air"
- CDC sells out to Big Pharmaceutical
- Expedition to highlight global warming called off due to extreme cold
- Purchase Air Cleaners for Home or Work Online
- Bars & Restaurants out of business due to smoking bans
- Boycott Johnson & Johnson (and by extension RWJF, ALA, ACS, AHA etc.)
- Competitive Enterprise Institute
- Center for Consumer Freedom
- Craig Westover
- Dave Hitt Smoking ban facts
- Dissecting Anti-smoker's Brains
- Drudge Report
- Forces International
- Forces Iowa
- Fox News
- Fraters Libertas
- Freedom to Choose UK
- Free Republic.com
- Heartland Institute Blog FTH
- Heartland Institute
- Heritage Foundation
- Illinois Smoker's Rights
- Iowa Hawk
- Info on Minnesota Smoking Bans
- J Redhead Girl
- Singer, Song Writer, Artist Joe Jackson's Official Website
- John Adams
- Junk Science
- Libertarian Party Against Smoking Bans
- Minnesotans Against Smoking Bans
- National Review Online
- Neal Boortz
- Nihilist in Golf Pants
- Our House
- Pacific Legal Foundation
- Politics, Guns, & Beer
- P.U.F.F. People United For Freedom
- Real Clear Politics
- Rush Limbaugh, godfather of the right!
- SCSU Scholars
- Shot in the Dark
- Smokers Rights Newsletter
- Social Smokers
- South Dakotans for Better Health & Freedom
- Stand Up Cape (Girardeau)
- Steyn Online
- Uncle Ted (The Nuge)
- The Rest of the Story
- The Truth is a Lie
- The Weekly Standard
- True North
- Wright County Republican