Nationwide Bennigan's chain in the news
Bennigans' Closed After Filing For BankruptcyClearing the Air has updated our local listings to reflect the Bennigan's story. Locally 250+ hospitality establishments have closed their doors and laid off employees since smoking ban (Nicoderm funded) activists testified before lawmakers that smoking bans were good for business.CTA continually updates the list of closings here in Minnesota, the lists can found here:http://cleanairquality.blogspot.com/2008/06/200-minnesota-bars-restaurants-closed.htmlhttp://cleanairquality.blogspot.com/2007/01/100-bars-and-restaurants-put-out-of.htmlhttp://cleanairquality.blogspot.com/2005/11/updated-hennepin-ramsey-hospitality.htmlNot many people realize who funded the activist groups to push the smoking ban agenda, it was the maker of Nicoderm; Johnson & Johnson Company's private foundation RWJF.http://cleanairquality.blogspot.com/2007/02/smoking-bans-good-public-policy-or.htmlClearly the thousands of closed establishments and tens of thousands of unemployed hospitality workers have a class action claim against Johnson & Johnson Company and their private foundation the Robert Wood Johnson Foundation (RWJF).Smoking bans are a classic example of rent seeking legislation: where a company gets lawmakers to pass laws which financially benefits them. In this case increasing Nicoderm sales, by outlawing tobacco smoke in bars, restaurants, etc.http://cleanairquality.blogspot.com/2007/12/minnesota-smoking-ban-triples-demand-of.html
Obama's long awaited sequel: The Audacity of Arrogance
http://www.americanthinker.com/2008/07/obamas_berlin_moment.htmlhttp://www.hypemovie.com/In biblical prose, the story of the annointed one.......Hussein Obama: And it came to pass, in the eighth year of the reign of the evil Bush the Younger (The Ignorant), when the whole land from the Arabian desert to the shores of the Great Lakes had been laid barren, that a Child appeared in the wilderness......
Smoking bans have a new powerful foe.........labor unions
This time the special interest funded smoking ban activists (Nicoderm marketing department) may have met their match.Smoking Ban at Caterpillar Fires up Unions (story link)Two unions have filed unfair labor practice charges against Caterpillar Inc. for a smoking ban on company property that went into effect June 1.
The United Auto Workers and the International Association of Machinists and Aerospace Workers both allege that Peoria, Illinois-based Caterpillar violated the terms of their contracts by unilaterally banning smoking on the company’s property. The unions, which filed their charges separately, say employees have had the smoking privilege detailed in their contract for 60 years.Additionally, I would encourage the unions to challenge the validity of the state smoking bans altogether; which were implemented to "protect the health of workers from secondhand smoke". However, air quality testing proves that secondhand smoke levels are 2.6 - 25,000 times SAFER than OSHA workplace air quality regulations.......clearly then, not a workplace health hazard.Air quality test results by Johns Hopkins University, the American Cancer Society, a Minnesota Environmental Health Department, and various researchers whose testing and report was peer reviewed and published in the esteemed British Medical Journal......prove that secondhand smoke is 2.6 - 25,000 times SAFER than occupational (OSHA) workplace regulations:http://cleanairquality.blogspot.com/2010/09/new-st-louis-aq-study-published-by.htmlhttp://cleanairquality.blogspot.com/2007/11/johns-hopkins-air-quality-testing-of.htmlhttp://cleanairquality.blogspot.com/2007/04/bmj-published-air-quality-test-results.htmlhttp://cleanairquality.blogspot.com/2004/04/american-cancer-society-test-results.htmlhttp://cleanairquality.blogspot.com/2006/02/air-quality-testing-and-secondhand.htmlhttp://cleanairquality.blogspot.com/2008/03/british-medical-journal-who-conclude.htmlAll nullify the argument that secondhand smoke is a workplace health hazard. Especially since federal OSHA regulations trump, or pre-empt, state smoking ban laws which are not based on scientific air quality test results.
What happens in Vegas (after smoking bans) is that tourists stay anywhere but Vegas
It can be assured that the same Nicoderm funded activists, (American Lung Association, Campaign for Tobacco Free Kids, American Non-Smoker's Rights, etc.) which lobbied for rent seeking smoking ban laws elsewhere; also misinformed Nevada lawmakers that smoking bans were good for business. The headlines though tell a different story.Down and out in Las Vegas (link)The good-time capital of the US has hit a losing streak. Guy Adams reports on an epidemic of bankruptcies, foreclosures and mass lay-offs
Saturday, 5 July 2008 Meanwhile, Johnson & Johnson Company / ALZA, the maker of Nicoderm; and their private foundation (Robert Wood Johnson Foundation) are laughing all the way to the bank.What happens in empty non-smoking establishments affects local businesses, jobs, and the economy. But apparently many lawmakers are too ill-informed to understand basic economics.
Hawaiian freedom fighters call on supporters worldwide to march on World Defiance Day
Press Release. You're invited to our March on the Capitol July 6. Ban the Ban....below is our invitation to our lawmaker supporters...big news...just got invited on to mike mcconnell's nationally syndicated radio talk show "Weekend with McConnell" this Saturday...our very first national exposure on radio talk...wish us well as we stand in Defense of Freedom of Choice this Sunday...hope all will join us across the globe in this World Defiance Day...should be a huge event here with all the bikers and gun owners showing up. Aloha, Dave Crowley.Please note attached...this press release has just been sent out across the globe to our many constituents from ohio to germany...this will be a precedent setting event...the oahu street bikers united organization will be joining us in full force..as well as a large group of Hawaii gun owners. The joining and uniting of Smoking Ban Opponents, Gun Owners, and Street Bikers into one united front will not only be a first in the history of our great nation, but will set international precedent, and sending a profound message of solidarity in the Defense of Freedom Of Choice across the world. We as a united force will soon become a huge and powerful voting block to indeed be reckoned with across the nation...radio spots promoting the event are running on KSSK...I will be doing an interview with nationally syndicated talk show host Mike McConnell this saturday on the event. Of course, we will all show up at O'Tool'es for a "light'em up" celebration after the rally...hopefully this time the event will go down without any police interference. You are indeed invited to join us or at least stop by for a few minutes and let everyone know that you too are a defender of freedom of choice. We sincerely thank you for your support of our cause. Aloha, Kawika KrowleyTheSmokeVote.comJolyn TennHawaiiSmokersAlliance.comFireworks, tobacco, and guns...............sounds like freedom to us at Clearing the Air. Hope you all have a happy, safe, and successful holiday weekend. Let's remember what the 4th of July commemorates, our liberation from tyranny; which started with the shot heard 'round the world.
Smoking bans and pharmaceutical nicotine scams revisited
Somebody reminded me of this post CTA had written back in January '08, it's worth a reread:
Also visit our sponsors at bottom of webpage
Why a Non-Smoker Fights the Pro-Smoking Ban Lies
Is RWJF, a 501(c)3, violating IRS rules by funding pro-smoking ban lobbyists?
RWJF funds and promotes universal healthcare policies which are the basis for and primary objective of Obamacare
Boycott these special interests (J & J) who destroyed the hospitality industry & jobs
Is the smoking ban movement fueled by pharmaceutical nicotine interests?
Now that smoking bans have been implemented, what can be done?
How do smoking ban lobbyists profit from smoking bans?
Pharmaceutical interests project the alternative nicotine marketplace to be $4.6 billion +
WHO report secondhand smoke doesn't cause cancer
Do smoker's cost society more money than non-smoker's? NO
Do smoker's cost society more money than non-smoker's? Part 2
Why does UCSF researcher Stanton Glantz support smoking bans?
OSHA standards prove SHS is not a health hazard
Tired of the nanny-state, big, socialized, corrupt, government legislation coming out of our state and federal capitols these days? Vote Republican in November 2010 & 2012
- Economic effect of smoking bans on world economy
- Do smoking ban effects constitute an eminent domain taking?
- More than 500 Twin Cities Bars & Restaurants have Closed Since Smoking Bans were Enacted
- 2,000+ bars and restaurants closed (50,000+ lost jobs?) in parts of US, Canada, and Ireland due to smoking bans
- 3,382+ pubs closed (50,000+ lost jobs?) in U.K. due to smoking bans
- Smoking Bans...Good Public Policy or Simply A Good Nicoderm Marketing Plan?
- * The media's role in assisting the worldwide smoking ban agenda
- British Medical Journal (BMJ) air quality test results of secondhand smoke
- Air quality testing proves secondhand smoke is NOT a health hazard
- The ends justifies the means
- ....Pharmaceutical companies battle against the tobacco companies for market share....not health concerns
- Epidemiological relative risk ratios of secondhand smoke prove "health hazard" claims are unfounded
- Welding smoke in the workplace is far more hazardous than secondhand smoke, so where is the call for a ban?
- American Cancer Society and RWJF find that smoking bans are a great way to market smoking cessation products
- How the Drug Industry uses Non-Profits to Push its Profit Agenda
- Exposing the Smoking Ban Hoax
- The Smoking Ban Pushers and the Profits
- What can you do to battle smoking bans?
- What can you do to battle smoking bans? RWJF and J & J role
- The Case Against Smoking Bans
- The Lies, The Liars, and the Motive
- Ventilation not Legislation
- The Truth Regarding 4000 Hazardous Chemicals Claim
- Pro-smoking ban activists are caught spreading lies
- Health Dept AQ testing of SHS vs OSHA Guidelines
- American Cancer Society proves SHS is 25,000 times safer than OSHA Guidelines
- American Cancer Society catches Surgeon General in an outright lie
- Twin Cities bars and restaurants closed since implementing smoking bans
- The role of Nicoderm in promoting smoking bans, a genius marketing ploy
- My brush with fame, The Great Mr. James Repace
- Tobacco Control Group Threatens "Clearing The Air"
- CDC sells out to Big Pharmaceutical
- Expedition to highlight global warming called off due to extreme cold
- Purchase Air Cleaners for Home or Work Online
- Bars & Restaurants out of business due to smoking bans
- Boycott Johnson & Johnson (and by extension RWJF, ALA, ACS, AHA etc.)
- Competitive Enterprise Institute
- Center for Consumer Freedom
- Craig Westover
- Dave Hitt Smoking ban facts
- Dissecting Anti-smoker's Brains
- Drudge Report
- Forces International
- Forces Iowa
- Fox News
- Fraters Libertas
- Freedom to Choose UK
- Free Republic.com
- Heartland Institute Blog FTH
- Heartland Institute
- Heritage Foundation
- Illinois Smoker's Rights
- Iowa Hawk
- Info on Minnesota Smoking Bans
- J Redhead Girl
- Singer, Song Writer, Artist Joe Jackson's Official Website
- John Adams
- Junk Science
- Libertarian Party Against Smoking Bans
- Minnesotans Against Smoking Bans
- National Review Online
- Neal Boortz
- Nihilist in Golf Pants
- Our House
- Pacific Legal Foundation
- Politics, Guns, & Beer
- P.U.F.F. People United For Freedom
- Real Clear Politics
- Rush Limbaugh, godfather of the right!
- SCSU Scholars
- Shot in the Dark
- Smokers Rights Newsletter
- Social Smokers
- South Dakotans for Better Health & Freedom
- Stand Up Cape (Girardeau)
- Steyn Online
- Uncle Ted (The Nuge)
- The Rest of the Story
- The Truth is a Lie
- The Weekly Standard
- True North
- Wright County Republican