Supreme Court denies Obama admin attempt to extort an additional $280 billion from tobacco industry
The appeal was signed by Elena Kagan, the solicitor general, a couple of months before President Barack Obama nominated her to the Supreme Courthttp://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/businesstechnology/2012227435_apussupremecourttobaccocase.htmlOops.....tough timing there Hussein Obama. If you're still looking to sue someone under the RICO Act though, how about the tobacco control movement?......they're heavily financed by pharmaceutical nicotine interests (Nicoderm, Nicorette, etc.) RWJF in excess of $450 million.
.....that's a racketeering scam just waiting for a lawsuit.Case here:http://cleanairquality.blogspot.com/2008/04/should-department-of-justice-and.htmlUnfortunately, since RWJF has a revolving back door into the White House with their good liberal buddy Hussein Obama...a RICO investigation into RWJF and the damage to our economy due to their rent seeking legislation is highly unlikely until the next administration.Check out the White House visitor's list under "L" for "LAVIZZOMOUREY RISA", president of RWJF.
In other Supreme Court news:
The World’s most Short-lived Smoking Ban
Bulgaria has been one of the most popular tourist destinations for many years due to moderate prices and lack or restrictions. However, things were about to change for smoking tourists as Bulgarian government adopted a strict ban on smoking in public places. However, it is just a beginning of the story which caught the headlines across the European Union.
Still, just three days after the implementation of the comprehensive nationwide ban on smoking in public places approved by the previous parliament, on June 4 it was officially canceled.
It's a dark time in American history when East Europeans understand and yearn for freedom more readily than we do. Then again....the more likely scenario is that America's been punk'd by Nicoderm, Nicorette corporate interests.
Las Vegas, Nevada......coming to their free market senses?
And if NV lawmakers need irrefutable scientific proof that secondhand is not a workplace health hazard per OSHA standards they can find that information here:Air quality test results of secondhand smoke by Johns Hopkins University, the American Cancer Society, a Minnesota Environmental Health Department, and various researchers whose testing and report was peer reviewed and published in the esteemed British Medical Journal......proving that secondhand smoke is 2.6 - 25,000 times SAFER than occupational (OSHA) workplace regulations:http://cleanairquality.blogspot.com/2010/09/new-st-louis-aq-study-published-by.htmlhttp://cleanairquality.blogspot.com/2007/11/johns-hopkins-air-quality-testing-of.htmlhttp://cleanairquality.blogspot.com/2007/04/bmj-published-air-quality-test-results.htmlhttp://cleanairquality.blogspot.com/2004/04/american-cancer-society-test-results.htmlhttp://cleanairquality.blogspot.com/2006/02/air-quality-testing-and-secondhand.htmlhttp://cleanairquality.blogspot.com/2008/03/british-medical-journal-who-conclude.htmlAll nullify the argument that secondhand smoke is a workplace "health hazard".Conversely, the effects of unnecessary, pharmaceutical nicotine funded, smoking ban laws have been profoundly detrimental:
America......you've been punk'd.....secondhand smoke is not a deadly hazard
http://yourdoctorsorders.com/2009/01/the-myth-of-second-hand-smoke/ At the behest of Congressman Henry Waxman (D-Ca), the Congressional Research Service (CRS) spent two years examining reports and came up with the following conclusions regarding second hand smoke and lung cancer (Redhead and Rowberg, 1995): (a) The statistical evidence does not appear to support a conclusion that there are substantial health effects of passive smoking. (b) It is possible that very few or even no deaths can be attributed to second hand smoke. (c) If there are any lung cancer deaths from second hand smoke, they are likely to be concentrated among those subjected to the highest exposure levels (e.g., spouses). (d) The absolute risk, even to those with the greatest exposure levels, is uncertain.
The scandalous smoking ban legislation and lies about secondhand smoke were financed by the pharmaceutical nicotine industry which depends upon perpetuating those lies in order to continue making a profit. They accomplish this by funding smoking ban lobbyists' activity to eliminate cigarette use and force taxpayers to subsidize sales of their Nicoderm, Nicotrol, Nicorette, Commit, etc. thru Quitline programs.
The crime in this rent seeking legislation scam is that smoking bans have forced thousands of hospitality businesses to close, eliminating hundreds of thousands of jobs prior to the '08, '09 economic crisis.
New Harvard study 'accidentally' confirms conservative ideology
Government interference and government spending kills business investment and jobs.Story link here.Those of us affected by government imposed smoking bans already know this lesson all too well.http://cleanairquality.blogspot.com/2009/03/worldwide-economic-meltdown-and.html
Also visit our sponsors at bottom of webpage
Why a Non-Smoker Fights the Pro-Smoking Ban Lies
Is RWJF, a 501(c)3, violating IRS rules by funding pro-smoking ban lobbyists?
RWJF funds and promotes universal healthcare policies which are the basis for and primary objective of Obamacare
Boycott these special interests (J & J) who destroyed the hospitality industry & jobs
Is the smoking ban movement fueled by pharmaceutical nicotine interests?
Now that smoking bans have been implemented, what can be done?
How do smoking ban lobbyists profit from smoking bans?
Pharmaceutical interests project the alternative nicotine marketplace to be $4.6 billion +
WHO report secondhand smoke doesn't cause cancer
Do smoker's cost society more money than non-smoker's? NO
Do smoker's cost society more money than non-smoker's? Part 2
Why does UCSF researcher Stanton Glantz support smoking bans?
OSHA standards prove SHS is not a health hazard
Tired of the nanny-state, big, socialized, corrupt, government legislation coming out of our state and federal capitols these days? Vote Republican in November 2010 & 2012
- Economic effect of smoking bans on world economy
- Do smoking ban effects constitute an eminent domain taking?
- More than 500 Twin Cities Bars & Restaurants have Closed Since Smoking Bans were Enacted
- 2,000+ bars and restaurants closed (50,000+ lost jobs?) in parts of US, Canada, and Ireland due to smoking bans
- 3,382+ pubs closed (50,000+ lost jobs?) in U.K. due to smoking bans
- Smoking Bans...Good Public Policy or Simply A Good Nicoderm Marketing Plan?
- * The media's role in assisting the worldwide smoking ban agenda
- British Medical Journal (BMJ) air quality test results of secondhand smoke
- Air quality testing proves secondhand smoke is NOT a health hazard
- The ends justifies the means
- ....Pharmaceutical companies battle against the tobacco companies for market share....not health concerns
- Epidemiological relative risk ratios of secondhand smoke prove "health hazard" claims are unfounded
- Welding smoke in the workplace is far more hazardous than secondhand smoke, so where is the call for a ban?
- American Cancer Society and RWJF find that smoking bans are a great way to market smoking cessation products
- How the Drug Industry uses Non-Profits to Push its Profit Agenda
- Exposing the Smoking Ban Hoax
- The Smoking Ban Pushers and the Profits
- What can you do to battle smoking bans?
- What can you do to battle smoking bans? RWJF and J & J role
- The Case Against Smoking Bans
- The Lies, The Liars, and the Motive
- Ventilation not Legislation
- The Truth Regarding 4000 Hazardous Chemicals Claim
- Pro-smoking ban activists are caught spreading lies
- Health Dept AQ testing of SHS vs OSHA Guidelines
- American Cancer Society proves SHS is 25,000 times safer than OSHA Guidelines
- American Cancer Society catches Surgeon General in an outright lie
- Twin Cities bars and restaurants closed since implementing smoking bans
- The role of Nicoderm in promoting smoking bans, a genius marketing ploy
- My brush with fame, The Great Mr. James Repace
- Tobacco Control Group Threatens "Clearing The Air"
- CDC sells out to Big Pharmaceutical
- Expedition to highlight global warming called off due to extreme cold
- Purchase Air Cleaners for Home or Work Online
- Bars & Restaurants out of business due to smoking bans
- Boycott Johnson & Johnson (and by extension RWJF, ALA, ACS, AHA etc.)
- Competitive Enterprise Institute
- Center for Consumer Freedom
- Craig Westover
- Dave Hitt Smoking ban facts
- Dissecting Anti-smoker's Brains
- Drudge Report
- Forces International
- Forces Iowa
- Fox News
- Fraters Libertas
- Freedom to Choose UK
- Free Republic.com
- Heartland Institute Blog FTH
- Heartland Institute
- Heritage Foundation
- Illinois Smoker's Rights
- Iowa Hawk
- Info on Minnesota Smoking Bans
- J Redhead Girl
- Singer, Song Writer, Artist Joe Jackson's Official Website
- John Adams
- Junk Science
- Libertarian Party Against Smoking Bans
- Minnesotans Against Smoking Bans
- National Review Online
- Neal Boortz
- Nihilist in Golf Pants
- Our House
- Pacific Legal Foundation
- Politics, Guns, & Beer
- P.U.F.F. People United For Freedom
- Real Clear Politics
- Rush Limbaugh, godfather of the right!
- SCSU Scholars
- Shot in the Dark
- Smokers Rights Newsletter
- Social Smokers
- South Dakotans for Better Health & Freedom
- Stand Up Cape (Girardeau)
- Steyn Online
- Uncle Ted (The Nuge)
- The Rest of the Story
- The Truth is a Lie
- The Weekly Standard
- True North
- Wright County Republican